About this website
Welcome to Mainframe Playground, website in which you will find useful practical exercises from many areas of z/OS system and related software. Exercises are designed for people new in mainframe area. Each assignment provides clear direction, hints and solution with short explanation. This concept was caused by the lack of similar exercises in official training that is designed mostly for theoretical education, without practice and repetition such training tend to be simply forgotten overtime.
Each assignment is made from many exercises called tasks. Tasks are divided into three categories based on their risk:
- Risk 1 - it can be done on any test system. This tasks do not interfere with any system function.
- Risk 2 - it can be done on any test system only if you have approval from System Administrator. This tasks either change some less critical system setting or are simply risky because of their complexity or possibility of mistake.
- Risk 3 - it can be done only on the system where you are Administrator. This tasks either change some very important system setting or are very risky to do.
Website was created to help others with developing their skills, but I am also learning. I also want this website to provide high quality useful materials, because of this I am grateful for any feedback, especially if:
- you would like me to include exercises on specific topic,
- you've noticed description that is not fully clear or lacks something,
- you've found mistake or obsolete information,
- you have any idea or advise toward this website.
E-mail address: email@example.com